Sunday, March 29, 2009

...Could Be The Start Of Something Big...

I have been using meditation techniques for about 30 years. I started during my first divorce in an effort to manage the associated stresses and emotions. I learned and used the technique taught by the Transcendental Meditation association. I felt pretty good after the session but the results were spotty. I would have good and not so good sessions and rarely had the great results of the first session.

I used the technique on and off (mostly off) to manage stress associated with work and school. It helped some. But when I took a buy-out offer to establish my own company the results I was getting were not sufficient to handle the stresses.

The pressure of starting you own company is unrelenting and virtually constant. The pressures of a full time job and school abates sometimes. This allows some recovery time whereas continuous stress allows none. I had to do something otherwise I was definitely going to go under. Not wanting to turn to medication, self or otherwise, since my family had a history of drug dependent behavior, I decided to try and improve my meditation skills.

In addition, they were other factors that pushed me into this route. One was that as long as I can remember I always felt connected to something. And I seemed to know things that I could not figure out from where the knowledge came. Finally, when I started my work in setting up my company I kept getting these lucky breaks. These "co incidents" happened too often to be "co incidents" in my opinion. To me, there really seemed to be something going on.

So to develop my technique I did extensive reading and used Netflix to set up a video curriculum of anything mystical or spiritual I could find. In addition, I kept experimenting with different methods of meditating. After a few years of this research and development, I had a series of experiences.

Most of these experiences are impossible to describe in words; the vocabulary does not exists. Further existing vocabulary is constrained to describing things that come through the traditional 5 senses or can be converted to a 5 sense medium via some type of transducer. How do you describe something where there is no way to measure or confirm its existence? And why try? The effort will probably be ineffective and lead to frustration.

Well, I can only say because something is nagging me to put down my experiences in writing. Also, in my research I found a lot of the information obscure, contradictory and confusing. It seemed that it was intentionally put in that form. It seemed like most college textbooks written where form took priority over content and clarity.

So this blog is my egotistical effort to explain the unexplainable. My only excuse is that something is forcing me in this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment